In my last blog post, we talked about if our EVXO vegan and organic liquid mineral foundation is a fit for your skin. If you haven't read that one, I highly recommend going back and reading it so you can make an educated decision on whether or not our cruelty free mineral foundation is for you. You can find that blog post here. If you've already read that blog post or have tried our foundation and want to know how best to optimize it, keep reading!
No matter who you are or what kind of skin you have, the first step to anyones beauty routine should be skincare. So make sure you...
- Prep your skin! Make sure your skin is clean and hydrated before application to prevent clogging your pores with makeup. Wait for approximately 5 minutes after washing your face before applying makeup products to ensure that your moisturizer has properly settled.
There are a million and one ways to apply foundation, but for our organic mineral foundation I've found that the following method works the best:
- While it's by no means required, I would recommend applying the foundation with a beauty blender or beauty blender like product. Applying the foundation with a wet sponge gives it a fresh, glowing finish which is what this foundation is designed to do. Applying it with just your fingers is also fine, but you will get less coverage that way.
In my previous foundation blog post, I mentioned that our vegan mineral foundation is light to medium coverage. What this means is that with one layer you will get slightly more coverage than a BB cream, but with two or more your can build to medium coverage. This product cannot, however, be in any way considered a full coverage foundation. If you have more severe skin issues and require more coverage, I do recommend pairing our foundation with a full coverage concealer. To get the best use out of your concealer, I find I get the best results with the following tip:
- I've found that if you apply concealer before your foundation, you'll actually end up using more concealer than you need. So, if you're going to use concealer, use it AFTER you apply your foundation. The foundation will act as a base to keep your concealer from settling into any fine lines. I know, everyone who went to beauty school is rolling their eyes at me right now, but makeup rules change every day! Try it and find out if I'm right.
Last but not least, you'll need to set your foundation to lock it into place and keep it from budging all day. This really comes down to what type of finish you prefer. Dewy, or matte?
- If you prefer a matte finish, you'll need to use a matte setting powder over the foundation as our vegan foundation is meant to be dewy. Fortunately it's a versatile product and you can absolutely make it work for your needs.
- If you prefer a dewy, natural look, I'd recommend using a setting spray as a powder will likely mattify your finish.
I certainly hope that these tips and tricks helped you in your quest for the perfect foundation look! Feel free to comment with any questions you may have or if you'd like me to clarify anything about our organic vegan makeup for you. I absolutely love hearing all of your feedback.